OurCraptacularLives

A forum to talk about your every day life and anything else you please.

Helpless Under Your Power (DBZ Fanfic)

Deidara
    Admin
    Admin

Helpless Under Your Power (DBZ Fanfic)

Post by Deidara on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Helpless Under Your Power

Full Summary: What if Goku decides to go back to Earth after the Cell games? His friends think it's great and so did his family until one unforgettable day. Now Gohan must fight to protect his mother and her unborn child from his own father.

Chapter One- Signs of Hatred-

"Why can't I go mom? I would just be babysitting Trunks for a few hours. Bulma has to work, and you know how Vegeta is always training. Plus her parents are out of town. So can I watch him? Please mom?" I asked my mom.

I love my mom, but she is way too uptight. I don't see any harm in babysitting him. How hard can it be. Besides mom is having another baby, so I need to get a little practice in.

"Not today Gohan, I just need you here," My mother said quietly. Something must have her upset. I wonder what though? She has been happy since she found out about the new baby.

Dad was a different story though. He said one child was enough, that they didn't need another one.

Something is different with him, he isn't as happy as he used to be. I don't get it. Dad is always happy even when times are rough.

"Why, do you need help with something mom?" I asked her with a small smile on my face. She was 4 months along. Maybe she is just tired.

Yeah that must be it.

"Yes, I do need help around the house. Kami knows your father never does anything around here to help out around the house," My mother sighed. I do feel bad for her. Dad really doesn't do anything. All he ever does is train, eat and sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I love doing all that, but he should appreciate all the things mom does around here.

"Okay mom, what do you me to do? I could scrub the floors or dust the shelves," I said eagerly as I could.

"Could you scrub the floors please? It is getting hard for me to bend down," She asked me kindly.

Scrubbing the floors was my least favorite job to do around the house, but it's the least I could do for her.

I got the bucket from under the sink and filled it up with warm water and soap. I dipped the old yellow sponge into the water and rung it out. The water came rushing out, back into the wooden bucket.

I started scrubbing the wooden floors. It was a long, dull process.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

After an hour and a half, my mother was finally satisfied with my work, and said I could be done.

"Would you like a snack, Gohan?" She asked me. She was holding out a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Not right now mom," I told her, looking back down at my book. I was reading Moby Dick. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite book.

"Gohan, what's wrong? You're always up for a snack," She looked concerned. "Do you not feel well?" She asked feeling my forehead.

"I'm just not hungry now mom," I told her looking up from my book.

"Well, alright. I suppose we will be eating dinner in a few hours anyway. Your father should be home anytime," she said forcing a smile. She was wrong though.

He didn't end up returning till after midnight.

When dad returned home, mom was furious. She was mad because she had cooked a huge dinner, especially for him.

"Goku, where the hell have you been?" Mom yelled. I was baffled. Mom never swore. Even though hell is barely considered a swear word.

I will admit I swore sometimes. I only did when the situation called for it though.

"Why does it matter to you Chi-Chi?" Dad slurred. Was he drunk? He must be. I had never seen dad drink before.

Something else was wrong though. He looked really angry. He was angrier than I had ever seen him with my mom.

"You're my husband Goku, why wouldn't I be angry?" She asked bewildered.

"You need to learn that you don't control me," He screamed back at her.

I covered my ears and closed my eyes. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Why were they fighting?

They never fight, not like this anyway.

"Gohan go on up to your room, please," My mother begged me quietly.

I nodded and slowly walked up the stairs.

"Faster," Dad yelled at me.

I quickened my pace until I reached my room and closed the door.

I put my back to the door and slid down, until I was on the floor. I still heard yelling, yet I couldn't tell what they were saying.

I didn't care what they were saying though. I just wanted it to be over with.

I looked over at the phone on my desk. I could call someone and ask if I could stay the night. I don't want to be a burden on anyone though. Especially Bulma and Vegeta, they have their own kid to worry about.

Then there's Krillin. He and Android 18 had been spending more and more time together as of lately…

I don't really want to be around Master Roshi or Oolong since all they do is look at girls in inappropriate ways. Yamcha and Puar are busy doing who knows what.

Tien and Chiaotzu are probably off training somewhere. Well Tien anyway.

I got up from the floor and made my way to my bed. I laid down on it and curled up in a ball.

I heard glass breaking down stairs.

Part of me wanted to go make sure mom was okay, but I was too scared. Why should I be scared though? I'm the one that defeated Cell. With my father's help granted, but I shouldn't be scared of dad. He loved mom, the baby and me didn't he?

After hours of screaming and objects breaking there was finally silence. I looked over at the clock on my bed side table.

It read 4:38 AM.

How could they of been fighting that long? Maybe I should go downstairs and make sure mom and the baby are okay.

I got up out of bed and stretched. My muscles were sore and my eye lids were heavy. I hadn't slept a wink from the time they started fighting until now.

I walked to the door and opened it. Nothing in the hallway seemed to be broken.

I tip toed down the stairs careful not to make any noise in case one of them is still in the kitchen or living room.

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I immediately regretted coming down here barefoot.

Glass cut into the bottom of my foot as I stepped on it. I jumped back onto the stairs and hissed in pain. I examined my foot. The warm liquid had already started to gush out.

I tore a piece of cloth from my shirt and wrapped it around my left foot. It was probably not the smartest thing to do since there could still be glass inside the wound, but that didn't matter right now. The only thing that mattered was that my mom and the baby were okay.

My hand searched for the light that was located at the bottom of the stairs. Once I found it I flicked the switch and a small light came on above the staircase. At least I could see where it was safe to step now.

I winced in pain as I stepped onto my injured foot. I had to keep moving though. As I limped around the glass, I saw that my father was asleep on the floor. I just shook my head.

I still couldn't wrap my head around why this whole thing happened in the first place.

I made my way to my parent's room to find my mother sitting up in her bed, sniffling.

She looked up at me, eyes bloodshot from crying.

"Oh Gohan, what are you doing down here? You should be asleep," She said softly, trying to hide the fact she is crying.

"You really think someone could sleep through that?" I asked her, frowning.

"I'm sorry for your father's behavior tonight," she whispered looking down at her blankets.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, mom," I said, sitting down next to her.

I pulled her into a hug and we stayed like that until the morning.
    Jesster

Re: Helpless Under Your Power (DBZ Fanfic)

Post by Jesster on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I've never seen nor read anything to do with Dragon Ball Z. Despite that, the story is really good! It definitely makes me want to look in to it ^.^
    Deidara
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Deidara on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Jesster wrote:I've never seen nor read anything to do with Dragon Ball Z. Despite that, the story is really good! It definitely makes me want to look in to it ^.^
    Thanks! Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 am