OurCraptacularLives

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OurCraptacularLives

A forum to talk about your every day life and anything else you please.

The Road; Cormac McCarthy

ForgottenMemories14
    ForgottenMemories14

The Road; Cormac McCarthy  Empty The Road; Cormac McCarthy

Post by ForgottenMemories14 Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:19 pm

The Road; Cormac McCarthy

Originally, after finishing watch The Last of Us, I was so eager to find anything I could about the directors, actors, motivations and inspirations of these people. Probably, I went a little beyond.

So after watching a certain IGN interview (Warning! Infected with spoilers!) The commentators mentioned a book that I had never hear of before. A book that has a similar synopsis as The Last of Us. And some child-father interactions, which I always love.

I became, er, quite obsessed. And so I bought a copy of the book, and I currently am in love with it. XD

The writing style is so sharp and precise, careful detail into the world that McCarthy paves around a boy and his father in the apocalyptic feel in the U.S.A.

Survivors...

UGH... I'm not done yet, so please hold on the spoilers, but if anyone has ever read this book, please venture forth and share your thoughts.

Other notes might be that The Road holds a Pulitzer Prize, it is a best seller's book, and they made a movie out of it.

I love reading... :3

E.J.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm